The dreaded bio. I’m terrible at it. I’ve rewritten it a thousands times. The danger of being a writer I guess. But there are a few key things you should know so we can get acquainted.
1. Plants make me happy. They’re excellent listeners too.
2. There’s a fairy that keeps stealing my socks and earrings and anything else that comes in pairs.
3. A perfect cup of tea makes everything better.
4. There’s magic everywhere, if you know how to look.
5. Jigsaw and crossword puzzles are the perfect pastime.
6. Books are the gateway to infinite possibility.
7. Baking is the language of love.
8. Cupcakes are a food group.
9. So is bacon.
10. Everyone has the power to change the world. Honestly it doesn’t take much.
11. I always mean well, but I have no control over the outcome.
Now the important stuff.
I have over twenty years of experience in copywriting, PR, and marketing. I specialize in expert positioning and author platform development and Frequently teach workshops for business and professional organizations on topics such as social media, marketing, branding, website development, and publishing. Groups I’ve presented to include the Writer’s League of Texas, the Association of Independent Graphics Artists, the Texas Women’s Chamber, Sharp Skirts, Commercial Real Estate Women, and others. As a freelance copywriter and marketing consultant I’ve worked with everything from comedians to Inc 500 companies.
I’m still trying to figure myself out and find my own voice as a writer. Most of all I enjoy helping other writers and creatives hone their message while empowering them to get their talent out into the world. If there’s anything I can do to help, or if you’re a fellow creative who wants to connect please do! The collective energy helps raise us all and gets those all-important juices flowing in the right direction.